What’s a Domain and Why do I need one?
- A domain name is your website name.
- A domain name is the address where Internet users can access your website.
A domain name can be any combination of letters and numbers, and it can be used in combination of the various domain name extensions, such as .co.uk, .uk, .com, .net and more.
The domain name must be registered before you can use it. Every domain name is unique. No two websites can have the same domain name. If someone types in www.yourdomain.co.uk, it will go to your website and no one else’s.
Professional emails at your domain name can also help you boost your credibility and build your brand. For example, email@example.com can make your website seem more trustworthy and legitimate.
On the Internet, your domain name is your unique identity and address – like a postcode.
- Having your own domain name, website and email addresses will give you and your business a more professional look.
- Having your own domain name and email addresses will give your contacts a memorable way of contacting you.
- Another reason for a business to register a domain name is to protect copyrights and trademarks, build credibility, increase brand awareness and search engine positioning.
Frequently Asked Questions
#hashtags 123-reg @tags aol backup design domain email gmail godaddy hosting hotmail how-to imap migrate nameservers outlook payments pop3 square stripe thunderbird tucows webmail wetransfer whois wix wordpress yahoo